IOL stands for “Intraocular Lens.” An “Intraocular Lens” is an artificial lens implanted into a patient’s eye. This lens replaces the eye’s natural lens to try to improve the eye’s vision. This procedure might be suggested for patients with cataracts or as a form of vision correction.
Originally, IOLs were only able to provide distance vision, thereby requiring the patient to use reading glasses.
Recent technology introduced the “Premium IOLs”. Premium IOL’s (Multifocal or Accommodative) refer to implants that may be able to provide both distance and decent near vision.
If you are curious about Premium IOLs or about your eye health in general, come in for an appointment with Pannu Laser & Vision Institute. We will examine you, answer your questions and discuss possibilities to achieve your vision goals.
Fun Fact: Our logo is actually based on the design of the Pannu IOL!
Am I A Candidate For Premium IOLs?
The best way to know is to come in for a free consultation. Generally, a patient may be a candidate for Premium IOL implants if:
- You Do Not Want To Wear Glasses Or Corrective Lenses Anymore,
- You Have Not Had Cataract Surgery In Either Eye,
- You Do Not Have Glaucoma Or Your Glaucoma Is Under Control,
- You Are Not Suffering From Macular Degeneration At Any Stage,
- Your Profession Does Not Require You To Drive At Night, And/Or
- You Do Not Presently Suffer From Night Glares Or Halos.
Schedule your appointment today to learn more about Premium IOLs and whether they could improve your vision! Call 954-376-5620954-376-5620 to schedule your appointment today!.