Dr. Mutyala, is a LASIK eye surgery specialist and has performed over 50,000 LASIK eye surgery procedures. Dr. Mutyala has been recognized as one of “America’s Top Ophthalmologists” by the Consumer’s Research Council of America in for fourteen years in a row (2002-2015). Dr. Mutyala was also awarded the “Patient’s Choice Award” six years in a row (2010-2015) for his excellent patient care.
Dr. Mutyala’s talent was first recognized in medical school, where he earned his medical degree through a prestigious accelerated medical program at the University of Missouri School of Medicine. His achievements in medical school drew the attention of the world-renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, where Dr. Mutyala completed his residency in ophthalmology (medical eye care and surgery).
Dr. Mutyala’s accomplishments during his Mayo Clinic residency earned him the rare opportunity to enhance his training with a prominent fellowship in cornea and laser surgery under the direction of the surgeon who first performed laser vision correction surgery.
Dr. Mutyala Has Been Published In:
- Mutyala S, Dieckert JP, Papasian CJ: Mycobacterium Fortuitum Endophthalmitis. Retina 1996; 16:122-124.
- Mutyala S, Cahill D: Catching Up. Clinical Anatomy 1996; 9:53-56.
- Mutyala S, Holmes JM, Hodge DO, Younge BR: Spontaneous Recovery Rate in Traumatic Sixth Nerve Palsies. Am J Ophthalmol 1996; 122: 898-899.
- Mutyala S, McDonald MB, Scheinblum KA, Ostrick MD, Brint SF: Contrast sensitivity study could mean good things for highly myopic LASIK patients. EyeWorld 3 (9): 24, 1998.
- Scheinblum KA, McDonald MB, Mustonen RK, Mutyala S, Goynes W: Microscopic metallic debris found on corneal tissue after LASIK. EyeWorld 3 (9): 25, 1998.
- Holmes JM, Mutyala S, Maus TL, Grill R, Hodge DO, Gray DT: Pediatric Third, Fourth and Sixth Nerve Palsies: A Population Based Study. Am J Ophthalmol 1999; 127:388-392.
- Pannu JS, Mutyala S: Corneal Flap Adhesion Following LASIK J Cataract Refractive Surgery 1999 (Letter); Vol 25 (5), 606.
- Pannu JS, Mutyala S: Zero-down LASIK. Eye World 4 (10): 46, 1999.
- Pannu JS, Mutyala S, Pannu D: When to Perform LASIK in Contact Lens Wearers. J Cataract Refractive Surgery 2000 (Letter); Vol 26 (3), 311.
- Mutyala S, McDonald MB, Scheinblum KA, Ostrick MD, Brint SF: Contrast Sensitivity Evaluation Following Laser In Situ Keratomileusis. Ophthalmology 2000; 107:1864-1867.
- S.Patel, S.Mutyala, D.Leske, D.Hodge, J.Holmes: Incidence, associations, and evaluation of sixth nerve palsy using a population-based method. Ophthalmology 2004; 111: 369-375
- Hodge DO, Younge BR: Spontaneous Recovery Rate in Traumatic Sixth Nerve Palsies- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci: 1996.
- Mutyala S, Holmes JM, Grill R, Hodge DO, Gray D: A Population Based Study of the Incidence and Etiology of Third, Fourth, and Sixth Nerve Palsies- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci: 1997.
- Mutyala S, McDonald MB, Scheinblum KA, Ostrick MD, Brint SF: Contrast Sensitivity Evaluation Following Laser In Situ Keratomileusis- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci: 1998.
- McDonald MB, Salz JJ, Deitz MR, Frantz JM, Krueger RR, Kraff MC, Klyce SD, Scheinblum KA, Mutyala S, Stone JR: Phase III Results on Spherical Myopia and Myopia with Astigmatism with the Autonomous Technologies Ladarvision Excimer Laser System- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci: 1998.
- Scheinblum KA, McDonald MB, Mustonen RK, Mutyala S, Goynes W: Composition of Interface Foreign Bodies Following Laser In Situ Keratomileusis- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci: 1998.Stone JR, Mustonen RK, McDonald MB, Mutyala S, Scheinblum KA: In Vivo Confocal Microscopy in Post Penetrating Keratoplasty Patients-Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci: 1998.
- Mutyala S, Pannu JS: Hyperopic LASIK using the Summit Apex Plus- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery: 2000.
- Mutyala S, Pannu JS: LASIK nomogram for the Summit Apex Plus- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery: 2000.